East of 60 Productions Open Audition
Wednesday Nov 7, 7-9pm
Ken Ludwig’s Lend Me a Tenor
Directed by Vicky Smith
Open Auditions are held at the Playhouse, 5 Jasper Court S, Devon
Auditions will consist of readings from Act 1, and a-cappella singing for the singing roles (Max, Tito, Bellhop), please come prepared.
For full information, script and singing excerpts please contact us
This night in 1934 is going to be big for the Cleveland Grand Opera. World famous tenor, Tito Morelli is in town for one night only to perform Otello, his greatest role, at the gala season opener. When Il Stupendo takes a mix of booze and drugs and falls unconscious, it is thought that he is dead. Panic ensues, but mild mannered assistant Max steps up to the plate, and offers to impersonate Tito. Amazingly, he succeeds in fooling everyone into thinking he is the famous Tenor, but when the real tenor wakes up, things get really complicated. This promises to be another favourite for East of 60’s faithful audience.
- Max – Mild Mannered Assistant to Saunders
- Maggie – Max’s love interest and Saunders daughter
- Saunders – General Manager of the Cleveland Grand Opera and Maggie’s father
- Tito Morelli – World-famous Italian tenor, known to his legions of fans as Il Stupendo
- Maria – Tito’s wife (sexy, Italian and excitable)
- Bellhop – a bellhop (singing wannabe)
- Diana – a soprano (confident and sexy)
- Julia – Chairman of the Opera Guild (mature and experienced)
March 15-24 (Fri/Sat eve, Sun aft)
East of Sixty Productions was founded as a non-profit organisation in 2005 bringing community dinner theatre to Devon, Alberta.
Our mission is to encourage our members to enjoy involvement in a quality theatrical production, to provide theatre for our audience to enjoy, and to enhance the community.
Although an amateur company, we aim to bring a professional quality to our productions.
Please Contact Us with questions and requests. Sign up to receive notification of future auditions.